Monday 31 December 2007

Handmade Journals

After making the journal for the Secret Santa swap, I knew that I just wanted to do more of these. However, I have only made one more to-date, but I will be aiming to make a few more over the coming weeks. This one was for a girlfriend for Xmas 2007. As she loves her garden, I decided to do a floral theme. In addition, I added my "girlie" stuff as my little contribution when she looks at the journal. I don't know what she'll use it for, but I am really happy with how it turned out.

The ribbon on the right hand side, where the book opens, was done to cover a mistake. I was pretty happy with how I fixed up my mistake. If you're wondering, the holes that I punched that side didn't line up with the back, so I had to punch holes on the other side. I didn't have any more board cover and I didn't have any more of the same decorative paper, it was 9-10pm at night and I had to give it to her husband the next morning, so I found a way to fix my mistake. Quite happy with it in the end.

Front Cover


Inside Front Cover

The hard part will be choosing how to decorate the new ones I make, but I will try to decorate according to the tastes of the person that I am making it for. I must make one for myself too.
Cheers FiLoMa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi FiLoMa!!!!
i love your journal.
i make hand made journals oo.
by tha way am a Nigerian youth tryin to live up her dream of crating mind blowing journals that jus makes you want to write!

pls cld u help me out with tips on how to make journals,materials needed, machines, how i can get new ideas..stuff stuff

thnaks so much....