Tuesday 1 January 2008

How I Spent New Years Day - 01 January 2008

Today has been a great day. Even though I had a rough nights sleep, I didn't let it become an excuse for not getting up and exercising. I was up and on my treadmill just after 0730am, and I did 30 minutes at a steady walk. I know I probably could have gone faster in speed, but since I haven't exercised for a while, I'm going to ease myself into.

The next part of my time was spent reading and sending emails. I also uploaded a card sketch challenge for the yahoo group I'm in "cards_r_us". This will make 2 sketch challenge cards I'll be doing, one for ACTSA (see previous post) and cards_r_us. Below is the cards_r_us sketch challenge:

Sketch Template Challenge
for yahoo group "cards_r_us"

After spending time on the computer, I made myself some lunch, then it was time to do some card making. I made two cards. One for Isa, see Isabel's little corner blog, as I had promised her that I would send her an acetate card. The other acetate card is just for the sake of making a card. I have decided that when making a card for a swap, family member or friend, I will aim to make 2 cards. One to give to the person, the other for my newly established "spare box". This way I will always have a card on hand, for several occasions. Here are the cards I made today:


Front & Back/Inside view of card
This card made for Isabel Curtis


Front & Back/Inside view of card
This card made for the "spare box"

After doing my craft, I fixed myself a nice dinner. Once that was over, I decided to watch the movie "Becoming Jane". I really enjoyed this movie, one that I now want to get on DVD, as I could watch it over and over.

Now it is getting late, but thought I'd check my emails and add this post, showing my cards that I made today. On signing off, I'm going to go start my new book - "Crowner's Quest".

I hope that everyone had as great a New Years day as I did and I wish that 2008 is all that you want it to be.
Cheers FiLoMa

2 comments:

Debby Winters said...

What absolutely neat cards. Love your designs! TFS

** Isa ** said...

Fiona, those cards are so beautiful!!! I'm really looking forward to receiving mine! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Happy New Year,

Hugs,

Isa x