Wednesday 29 August 2012

WOYWW #169

I've been checking out the What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW) blogs for about six months now but wasn't really sure what was involved to participate. So, tonight after visiting Aeryn's blog (Creative Explosion) I decided to email Julia, the host of WOYWW (see Stamping Ground blog), to find out a little more about it.  Julia was kind enough to email me back quite quickly and said that my understanding was accurate, that being people take photos of what's on their craft desk each week and link them on Julia's blog for other net surfers to check them out.  So, since it was still early and I happen to be crafting tonight, making my dad his father's day card, which will probably be late, but hey, he's use to that by now LOL, I grabbed my camera and took the following photos of what's on my craft desk.

I will point out that I'm one of those crafters who packs up after each project as I like a clean table. I struggle to create in chaos.  Besides, I also love to organise so I am constantly re-organising my craft room or some way that I store stuff, just ask my friends.

Anyway, without further adieu, here are a few photos for WOYWW #169:
 
 Overview of my craft table.

In a prior life it was my 8 seater dining table.

 The first workstation and the one I primarily sit at.

I have a good view of my desktop computer, which I am renowned for watching cartoons - Kim Possible is my latest craze to craft to.
 
 The second workstation.

This is directly next to the first workstation so I often over spill to this side.

This has some stuff I'm currently organising.

 The third workstation.

Usually where my friends sit when they come to craft, or the reality is to have a chat
I usually spill over to this area too - what can I say, I'm greedy for space and I usually craft alone.

This has the scrapbook project I've been working on for about a year now as I don't do much of it, mainly card making.

This is the fourth workstation and is directly next to the third workstation and opposite the second workstation.

The black items on my desk are my storage folders for my nestabilities - the idea for this came from Arlene of My Butterfly Kisses YouTube channel. I haven't finished these yet, still need to do the labels inside and decorate the covers.

 I've also started a Copic Colour Journal, thanks to the inspiration of several bloggers but specifically Aeryn (from Creative Explosion) and Emma (from Craftymummy2five blog).

Anyway, I've ramble enough, so if you got this far I thank you for sticking in there with my post and I hope you found WOYWW #169 interesting.
Cheers FiLoMa

7 comments:

Francesca said...

Welcome to the snoopers of the world, its great fun to see how others work. Nice and tidy. Francesca #77

jill said...

Welcome to the one day of the week we all get to snoop & have a good nose around other peoples desk. your work stations are full of creative fun. happy crafting jill #51

Laura said...

Welcome to WOYWW!
I must say I am a tad jealous of your 4 workstations!
Have a good week,
Laura
83

Ali H said...

Welcome to WOYWW - glad you dived in & joined us ! Your desk is HUGE ! 8 seater table - so jealous I have a 1 seater desk & struggle to keep it tidy to work on - your craft place looks are great place to be !! Thanks for showing us ! Ali #56

trisha too said...

Looks good--so many spots to work!!

:) Happy WOYWW!
trisha, #148 this week

Julia Dunnit said...

Welcome toWOYWW! Absolutely no doubt that the more room you have, the more you'll use, and I'd say it's about perfect to have a table that seats 8 for dinner to one crafter!!
Can see that you work relatively methodically...if only from the workstations rather than just pushing everything back from one space!

Tertia said...

Welcome to WOYWW! Be warned, this is very addictive. I am so jealous of your 4 workstations!
Happy very belated WOYWW!
Tertia #49