Monday 23 June 2014

Scrapbooking - Kit #01 - layout share "Smile"

Hello fellow crafters and welcome to another blog post where I have used my home made kit to create my layout.

The base page of this layout is Kaisercraft from the Periwinkle collection range.  I just love all the feathers on this pattern paper and really wanted to use it. I almost gave up, putting it in the too hard basket, but then on Saturday night (21 June), I got a layout idea & sketched it out.  Here is a photo of my rough sketch.


My renewed idea came after watching a couple of process videos by Nancy aka Kitty Scrapper and Tuesdae Hubbard on YouTube, where they used Project Life cards in their layouts.  With my sketch in mind, I put the layout together.

The photos I used were in an old album that I am redoing. At that time I was heavily influenced by Creative Memories. This is why they are an oval shape.  I was not able to cut them differently without losing what the photo is about, so I had to work with what I had. This meant that I matted my photos on to black cardstock to try and disguise the fact that they are oval and the rest of the layout will not have any other oval items on it.

I layered to the top left and bottom right a 2.5" strip of Kaisercraft 6"x6" Periwinkle paper pad paper. Since I really liked this script/quote paper, I didn't want to cover it up.  Therefore I decided to put the Project Life cards to the right on the top instead of how I had sketched it out.  I used a cut out from the Kaisercraft snap shot paper range & cut down a piece of Basic Grey 6"x6" Serenade paper pad paper to mimic Project Life style cards.

I also layered an approximate 2" strip of Close To My Heart (CTMH) vellum, which has a feather pattern. Behind these strips I layered a doily that I had sprayed with Dylusions "Black Marble".  I got this idea after watching Tuesdae use colourful doilies on one of her layouts. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to get them here in Australia and not wanting to pay the postage from the States, I realised that I could probably get the same effect just by spraying my white doilies that I had purchased from my cheap shop. The doily came up great and now I can colour coordinate based on the sprays I have in my collection.

On the bottom right doily I placed my title "Smile", which was cut using my Silhouette CAMEO.  The die cut was sprayed with Heidi Swapp's Color Shine "Coral".   I also sprayed my journal card, which is a Project Life grid card, with this same Heidi Swapp colour and a small spritz of the Dylusions "Black Marble".  This was placed to the bottom left under the CTMH vellum.

I used the Stampin' Up! Chevron border punch to create my chevron pieces.  They were cut from the Petaloo Glitter Sheets that I have had in my collection/stash for years.

In a last minute decision, I added two strips of washi tape.  One to the top right and one to the bottom left.

Below is a process video for this layout as well as a still photo.

YouTube Process Video

Photo of layout

Products used:
  • Kaisercraft 12"x12" & 6"x6" Periwinkle Paper Collection
  • Basic Grey 6"x6" Serenade Paper Pad
  • Kaisercraft 12"x12" Cut out sheet - Snapshot range
  • Doily
  • Sihoutte CAMEO die cut "Smile"
  • Heidi Swapp Color Shine "Coral"
  • Dylusions "Black Marble"
  • Washi Tape
  • Petaloo Glitter Sheets "Black"
  • Close To My Heart Vellum "Feathers"
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Black Soot"
Cheers FiLoMa

No comments: