Sunday 3 August 2014

Scrapbooking - Kit #02 - Putting the kit together

 Hello fellow crafters. I really enjoyed putting my first kit together, see "Scrapbooking - Kit #01 - Putting the kit together", that after taking a months break from scrapbooking I'm back with this second kit.  I followed the principles outlined in my blog post "How to create your own scrapbooking kit".  However, with this kit I decided to limit my quantities and created many small kits to make up the overall Kit #02.  To help me with this, I looked at, and took into consideration, the Scraptastic Kit Club and Hip Kit Club kits.  In addition, I also included the Citrus Twist Kit Club, specifically their Pocket Page kit.

I plan to work on this kit for the  month of August, and even possibly September. I will post layouts as I complete them and I will be trying to do a process video with the majority of the layouts.

I broke my kit up into seven categories, that being:
  1. Main Kit
  2. Cardstock Add-on
  3. Pattern Paper Add-on
  4. Embellishment Add-on
  5. Stamp Add-on
  6. Colour Add-on
  7. Pocket Page Add-on
Here is a link to my YouTube video:

Main Kit

I included three different coloured cardstock, two of each colour.  I can't recall the companies, but I believe that it is a combination of Bazzill and Stampin' Up!.


The pattern paper consists of the following companies and paper collections:

  • BoBunny: Modern Miss, C'est La Vie and Smoochable
  • American Crafts: Best of, Amy Tangerine Cut and Paste and Sketchbook, Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm
  • Basic Grey: Serenade

Since I pre-cut all the cut sheets that I have in my collection, I could not include one complete 12" sheet.  Therefore, I went through my stash and pulled out several 4" x 6" cut outs.  These cut outs were from three different companies.
American Crafts - single sided
Ruby Rocket
BoBunny

The ephemera pack is Heidi Swapp's "Dreamy" collection. This collection includes acetate & cardstock pieces.
 Acetate pieces
Cardstock pieces

I included the following embellishments:

Flair Buttons - Heidi Swapp
Wood Veneer by Studio Calico
Homemade Enamel dots
Washi Tape
American Crafts Glitter Foam "Aqua"
Creative Memories alphabet/number stickers
Silhouette die cuts
Doilies

Pattern Paper Add-on

The pattern paper add-on, consists of the following companies and collections:
  • BoBunny: Modern Miss
  • Basic Grey: Cart Postale
  • Crate Paper: DIY Shop - single sided
  • American Crafts: Amy Tangerine Cut and Paste / Best of - single sided
  • Ruby and Hazel: Gone Typo

Cardstock Add-on

The cardstock consists of six colours, two of each colour, one 12" x 12" vellum and two A4 vellum.  The companies are Bazzill, Stampin' Up!, Close to my Heart, Paper Accents, POW, Gemstone and American Crafts.



Embellishment Add-on

The embellishment add-on consists of cardstock, pattern paper, alphabet stickers, element stickers, washi tape, thickers, enamel dots, chipboard, stickers, pocket page cards, brads, buttons, wood veneers and cut-outs.  Here are the photos of my selection:


Cardstock - Stampin' Up! and American Crafts
Pattern paper
Echo Park: Yours Truely and Beautiful Life
Grace Taylor: Millie's Garden - single sided
Glitz Design: Cashmere Dame
 4" x 6" Project Life Cards - Sunshine collection
 3" x 4" Project Life Cards - Sunshine collection
Webster's Pages
Prima
American Crafts
Heidi Swapp and Delish
 Wood Veneer - Studio Calico
 Washi Tape
 Buttons
 Chipboard
 Homemade enamel dots
 Brads
Cut-outs from a 12" sheet

Stamp Add-on

Two stamp sets were included with this add-on as well as two ink pads, specifically American Crafts Amy Tangerine Accompany, Close to my Heart D1578 Flight of the Arrows Flair, Tim Holtz Walnut Stain and Peacock Feathers distress inks.


Colour Add-on

This add-on included Heidi Swapp's mini pattern stencils and two of her color shine mists, specifically Mustard and Pink.


Pocket Page Add-on

The pocket page add-on includes 4" x 6" cardstock and pattern paper cards, 3" x 4" pattern cards,  6" x 6" patter paper pad, Silhouette die cuts, wood veneers, flair buttons, alphabet/number stickers, element stickers, label stickers, label cut-outs, enamel dots, doilies, tags, stamp set, washi tape, 4" x 6" overlays, ephemera pack, cork pieces and paper clips.  The majority of this add-on has photos, but I did forget to photograph a few items.  These can be viewed on the video.

4" x 6" cardstock pocket page cards
Becky Higgins 4" x 6" Project Life Cards - Horizontal View
Becky Higgins 4" x 6" Project Life Cards - Vertical View
Becky Higgins 3" x 4" Project Life Cards - Vertical View
Becky Higgins 3" x 4" Project Life Cards - Horizontal View
Simple Stories 4" x 6" Overlays
Heidi Swapp 6" x 6" Paper pad
Simple Stories 12" Elements Sticker sheet
Creative Memories alphabet/number stickers
Simple Stories alphabet/number stickers
Mostly Maggie Holmes Flea Market ephemera pack
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico
Kaisercraft "Calendar" stamp set
small doilies
Francheville cork pieces
My Mind's Eye label stickers
Washi tape
Silhouette die cuts
camera stamped on vellum and gold heat embossing
label cut outs
tabs
mini tags
Cheers FiLoMa

No comments: