Thursday 16 April 2015

Project Planning: Month of Me

Hi fellow crafters. Today I want to share with you my plans to do a "Month of Me" project.

The "Month of Me", to my knowledge, was created by Carlie Hamilton.  You can read her concept on her blog Create Mess and see her 2014 Month of me review on her YouTube channel, Carlie Hamilton.

The "Month of Me" project is documenting one thing about yourself each day for a particular month through photos and journalling.

Carlie identified one thing per day but I'm going to do it a little differently.  I have identified a number of things I would like to capture and I have decided it will be for the month of May.  This is my birthday month so I feel it is only fitting to capture me for that month.

The things I have identified, list provided below, will be drawn from a hat, so to speak.  There are some things that will be captured on specific days, for example my birthday, Mother's Day and my mum visiting me.

Each day I will look at my list and decide what I will capture for that day. My aim will be to not double up on any one thing.

The majority of my documenting will be done in 12"x12" layouts, but I will also incorporate some pocket style pages.  This will be where I might want to capture several photos of the same event but don't necessarily want to do a 12" layout for each of them.  Doing a combination of 12" layouts and pocket page layouts will give my album variety and me the flexible creativity process I want.

My plan is to take a photo (or two) a day, similar to project life, during the month of May and then share my project in June.

I am still undecided on whether I will do process videos, but I would like to share some of my processes and any techniques that I may do.  I will decidedas I start to create but I will keep it flexible with no pressure on myself.

The list that I will be pulling from, in no particular order is:

  1. Self Portrait
  2. Breakfast
  3. Lunch
  4. Dinner
  5. Clothes
  6. Goals
  7. Craft area
  8. Currently reading
  9. Visits (from/to)
  10. Habits
  11. Inspiration
  12. Shoes
  13. Wish List
  14. Where I sleep
  15. Afterdark
  16. Food (general i.e. snacks)
  17. Currently watching
  18. In my Handbag
  19. Currently making
  20. Cannot live without
  21. Mother's Day
  22. My birhday
  23. Purchases
  24. Routines
  25. Current obsession
  26. Contessa
  27. Aethylla
  28. Work
  29. Technology
  30. Memory
  31. Feeling
  32. My Journal
  33. My Tracker
  34. Erin Condren Life Planner (ECLP)
  35. My Garden
  36. Mum
  37. Friends
  38. WW Meetings
  39. Hip Kit Club kits
  40. Ali Edwards stamp kit
  41. In the News
  42. Exercise
  43. My Library
  44. Airport
  45. Tourist Attractions
  46. Social Media
  47. Hauls i.e. craft
  48. Shopping spree (non craft)
  49. Favourite YouTube channels
  50. Organisation
  51. Cooking / Baking
  52. My Car
  53. My statistics
  54. Eating Out
  55. Garage (before / after purge)
  56. Ugg Boots
  57. Favourite blogs
  58. My TV
  59. Music I'm currently listening too
  60. Current favourite scrapbook collections


I look forward to sharing my completed project with you in June and potentially process videos during May.
Cheers FiLoMa

No comments: